Your personal stylist

Saturday, April 5, 2008

It's raining...let's play outside

I am a cold person. Not my heart, but when I go outside, I need to have long sleeves on, a coat, pants, etc. So when Janae wants to go outside to play and it's raining, I say no. But things have changed since I heard Nancy Blakey speak about taking your kids outside and turning off the TV. Now, I don't know if I will completely turn off the latter but I am increasing the outdoor time ASAP. Nancy suggests creating boxes for dress up, for playing outside, for craft projects. And every time the kids get bored, pull out a box, turn off the TV and make them get creative. It's all about creating unstructured activities. Most importantly, we as parents are creating childhood memories for our children. This is our job and our most vivid memories as adults are playing outdoors. Go Outside!

No comments:

Quick and easy, eco-friendly Kid Tips for parents. Email your parenting tips and kiddie tips to kiddietips@yahoo.com