Your personal stylist

Thursday, May 28, 2009

She's got curls curls curls

Janae's curly hair type is 3c. The best way to care for her mane is to wash with shampoo with no sodium lauryl sulfate or I co-wash with a conditioner, detangle with a wide tooth comb while hair is wet, use a handful of Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Conditioner (high in moisture), and then Kinky Curly Curling Custard (think natural gel snot). This double threat combo will yield elongated, defined and moisturized curls. All hair is different but if your kiddies have curly hair, check out this site where I have gleaned most of my hair wisdom. To keep her fun locks from matting I pull it back at night into a high ponytail or I make two braids and add more conditioner. In the A.M. I usually spritz it with water and then do the conditioner and curling custard. Pass this tip on to all your mommy friends with curly haired babes.

2 comments:

Corey Colwell-Lipson said...

Have you read the book Curly Girl? It's a must-read, must-have for girls with curls.

Also, WEN hair care...

Lenora, love your posts. Let's get together for (organic) coffee sometime!

L. Vallane said...

I haven't read Curly Girl but I heard it's a good one. I will check out WEN. Thanks for the compliment. Yes, I will email you for a get together for something organic. :)

Quick and easy, eco-friendly Kid Tips for parents. Email your parenting tips and kiddie tips to kiddietips@yahoo.com