Your personal stylist

Saturday, November 22, 2008

French Toast Waffles



I got creative this morning. Well I didn't have a choice. Janae wanted pancakes, I wanted waffles but I had no mix and no desire to start from scratch. I had already heated up my orange heart waffle maker when I got Janae to agree to french toast. This is where it gets interesting. I buttered the iron and put an egg battered slice of 100% whole wheat bread on the waffle iron and closed it. And waited. I got excited because the possibilities where endless. The Scoop - They tasted very good and if you leave the bread in the batter another 30 seconds and then cook them on the iron they get quite fluffy. On the second one, I also mixed organic sugar and cinnamon and sprinkled some on top before closing the lid. Tasty.

No comments:

Quick and easy, eco-friendly Kid Tips for parents. Email your parenting tips and kiddie tips to kiddietips@yahoo.com